Careers at Field
Request for Proposal for Legal Counsel
The Field Library requests proposals from private law firms to provide various legal services for The Field Library and its Board of Trustees. Minority owned and women-owned firms are strongly encouraged to apply. Please see the attachment below for the full RFP.
Job Title: Substitute Circulation Clerk
Summary: The Field Library, the public library for the City of Peekskill and Town of Cortlandt, New York and a member of the Westchester Library System, is seeking a flexible, friendly, and detail-oriented individual for the position of Substitute Circulation Clerk. Under the direction of the Head of Circulation, the Circulation Clerk provides circulation and information services to children and adults.
Essential Job Functions:
- Checks in and out books, magazines, DVDs, and other library materials to library patrons using automated library system.
- Provides professional and friendly customer service at the circulation desk.
- Answers phones and directs calls.
- Accepts payments for overdue fines, lost materials, and fees such as printing and faxing.
- Registers new library cardholders and updates patron account information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills required.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, peers and supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge and experience using an automated library system and databases.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred.
The Field Library is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Pay rate is $11.75 per hour Monday – Saturday, $17.63 per hour Sundays.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to:
Head of Circulation
The Field Library
4 Nelson Ave.
Peekskill, NY 10566